The downstairs open-plan lounge and kitchen isn’t really working out too well (too tall, walls of cardboard box too thin — it needs strengthening or a re-think), but I want to keep the modular idea. The bedroom can be a studio loft flat on its own, or a bedroom with loft area if part of a larger house.
The back walls are papered (i.e. glued on) with sheets from Vulpine marketing material. I also made a new sofa. This Easter weekend has been productive, if you call messing about with cardboard boxes and box cutters productive.
This is the basic idea behind the sofa, if anyone is also making some cardboard doll’s house furniture:
I have no measurements, it was done purely by eye and extremely lucky guesswork (it’s just to show how many slots and tabs you need). Cut along the solid black lines, cut the solid black bits out (these are the slots). Fold along the dotted lines. Fit all together. If you’re happy with it, it may be worth gluing it together with craft glue (PVA).
We’ve been viewing houses with the idea of moving to the catchment area of the school we would like Anne to attend. I am absolutely horrified at what is now considered an acceptable size for a three-bedroom house. I shudder to think that what I think are cool space-saving and use-of-the-vertical ideas will have to become a real necessity. Not that we live in a big place now; but when a three-bed house is smaller than a two-bed flat (same developer, ten-year gap), something’s wrong.
See my crafting board for the inspiration*. At the moment, the concept is for a ground and first floor, plus a first floor garden / balcony. All to be attached with hook and loop tape, so they can be separated and stored in the larger, ground floor unit.
* Yes, I’m on Pinterest. I signed on to research it for a web project, so I’ve decided to use it.