How to use GIMP to make 3D effects. I’m probably too ham-fisted to do it precisely, but I’m totally into this. If I ever have the need to make something all 3D-ish.
I do really hope it happens, though, so I can buy the DVD box set and watch it obsessively and be massively critical of the bits that don’t seem true to the comic: Preacher Comic To Spawn HBO Series? Who else do you know is obsessive enough to have the three main characters (and a lesser but vital personality) tattooed onto her left arm?
Lucky for me my definition of sitting still equals shaking my legs and fidgeting a lot. Office Workers More Prone to Blood Clots:
The study found that 34 per cent of patients admitted to hospital with blood clots had been seated at work for long periods, its leader, Prof. Richard Beasley of New Zealand’s privately funded Medical Research Institute, told The Associated Press.
“There are considerably more people who are seated for long periods at work as part of their normal day than there are traveling,” he said, adding the main groups affected are workers in the information technology industry and in call centers.
The 34 percent finding is far higher than the 1.4 percent of blood-clot patients who recently traveled on long-haul flights, and the study showed a clear link between travel and work-related thrombosis.
Everyone around me says my fidgeting about is annoying, I call it prescient and an indicator of my good health.
Hey, people. I’ve got this fundraising widget on the right for Alzheimer’s Research Trust, a charity I am trying to raise £200 for by running in a six-kilometre road race in a couple of weeks’ time. I am raising funds offline for St Andrew’s Hospice. I’ll try to beat my current time of 40 minutes, so you know I’m making an effort.
Every pound counts, so even if you can’t afford to donate a lot, please consider £5, which is just US$10 or S$15. It’s not a lot of money.
To Whom It may Concern,
Please turn the tap off when you’re done washing your hands. I suppose I should be grateful that you’ve washed your hands at all, but leaving the tap trickling wastes water and it annoys the fuck out of me when I have to turn off this tap every single time I use the bathroom.
There Are Only 4 Different Shampoo Types In the World. But FMCG companies want you to think their fruit essences detangling thingy is different from the normal made-for-Asda version. The Asda / Co-Op versions smell as good and come in bigger bottles.
I am totally considering installing smart2go and MapLoader because I’m too bloody cheap to buy an AtoZ (although I really could use one). It looks pretty much perfect for my needs.
- met Jeff at his hotel to have dinner at The Ubiquitous Chip (very expensive for what it was)
- had a drink at Jinty McGinty’s and The Wee Pub
- ended up at Karbon (not really my kind of place, what with all those people looking for a shag)
- slept in, and met Jeff again at Borders (he was hungover all day)
- had lunch at Bier Halle, then walked around town (saw Charles Rennie Mackintosh’s School of Art) and to the West End (through Kelvingrove Park and the museum, but it was closed)
- had dinner at some pub, then bought cheap (ish) books and had a final drink at Nice N Sleazy
- slept in again, then went to the shops for my lunch for the week
- computered on a freelance project
- had dinner at Ravello’s
- computered some more while Neil watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding