Further to my earlier post about trying out 90s rap music to calm Anne down, I can now report what works and what doesn’t. Bet you’re all excited and have been waiting with bated breath.
- Hypnotize by Notorious BIG definitely works;
- California Love by Tupac Shakur also definitely shuts her up;
- Love Unlimited by the Fun Lovin’ Criminals calms her down pretty consistently, too;
- What doesn’t work is any of the modern ‘grime’ / urban stuff — we tried Labrinth and Tinie Tempah and the techno beats just made her worse;
- White noise seems to help her settle if she’s half-asleep and it’s the middle of the night.
Neil does not bop along to the beat when he tries to get her to calm down and sleep. I think he’s missing the point of the exercise…
Update: No Diggity by Blackstreet works (as per Jeff’s request to test it), but the most effective for the young miss (by a country mile) is California Love.
Update (14 August 2012): I was listening to BBC 6 Music and Anne fell asleep to Public Enemy’s Don’t Believe the Hype. Not sure if it’s a coincidence.